5 October, 2017
GF DF Cabbage Lasagna
Posted in : Dairy-Free, Entrees, Gluten-Free, Recipes on by : Anita Elder
My mother-in-law adapted a recipe she found so that I could eat lasagna without the dairy making me ill. Not to mention the beef allergy. This is the recipe and it’s so delicious, I like it much better than traditional lasagna!
- 1 head cabbage
- 8 oz Kit Hill ricotta nut cheese
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pounds ground meat browned (I used one lb. ground bison and one lb. ground Italian sausage)
- 25.5 ounces marinara sauce with no sugar added
- 4 ounces Go Veggie vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Carefully remove leaves from cabbage head.
- Parboil leaves in salted boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Drain and remove excess water with towel.
- Mix ricotta and parmesan cheese with eggs and parsley (if using). Set aside.
- Stir marinara sauce into browned meat.
- Spread about 3/4 cup sauce onto bottom of 11×15-inch baking pan.
- Place a layer of cooked cabbage leaves over sauce.
- Spread half ricotta cheese mixture over cabbage leaves.
- Top cheese mixture with half the remaining sauce.
- Cover sauce with half the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top off with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake 350ºF for about 25 minute.