I found this recipe on the Money Saving Mom site and adapted it to be dairy-free. I tried one and loved it! So glad I made the full batch – I can now throw them in the freezer and pull them out as I need them for breakfast. I only have to pop them in the microwave for a few minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. Splenda or other sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup fruit fresh or frozen cranberries (you can also use fresh or frozen blueberries, frozen or fresh mango)
- 5 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk/substitute of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, and Splenda until combined.
- Add brown sugar, banana, and other fruit of your choice.
- In another bowl, mix oats, salt, baking powder, flax seed, and cinnamon.
- Dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients; mix well.
- Pour in almond milk and stir until combined.
- Spray one 12 and one 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners (yes, it really does fill 18 muffin cups).
- Scoop mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the center of each muffin is set.
- Cool and enjoy — or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds at a time to thaw and eat.