This is a modified recipe I found on the Weight Watchers website. I made my version gluten-free and added a little something. The result was a very tasty recipe that was very easy and didn’t take long to make.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (I used Bianaturae’s GF)
- 8 oz. Italian sausage (ground – if you use ones with casings, remove meat from them)
- 4 cups uncooked kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Cook rigatoni in salted water according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Add kale; cook, stirring frequently, until limp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper and add tomato puree. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; cook until kale is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in rigatoni; heat through.
Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of cheese before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.